Happy Birthday You GRAND - woman!

What is there to day about such a woman that has not already been said or felt? Grandma is special. She is one that loves you no matter your situation or choices you make! She is one to follow after. She is a model of love, patiance, understanding, forgiving, finding laughter in life, loving when it isnt easy, true service, sillyness, and what HOME really means.
I recall the times when we were just kids and she and Grandpa would come to visit. They always spent some time with each of us. Memories are a bit faded as for detail now, but what remains is what I believe she wanted us to remeber anyway; that we were loved, are loved!
Some things I do remember details on: Eggs hidden in the bathroom, candy for you - candy for me, always fairness, spa nights, ice cream/rootbeer floats before dinner so there was room (though I think that was more grandpa's doing! That is when grandma's great patiance came into play!), singing and performing showa for them - they always love to watch our talents be used for their enjoyment, dancing lessons, scripture reading in the EARLY morning, helping with the 'Warsh' or laundry as we called it, mayo on the counter, vinegar to cure a maybe spoiled chicken, egg salad sandwiches with extra pickles, candy jars with ribbon candy or circus peanuts hidden in the car for 'travel food', dolls to look at and not touch, the loving smell of the Pine Valley home still brings smiles to my face, stories of dads childhood 'mishaps' that made us laugh and laugh ... and finally, hugs and kisses.
My childhood/life has been so blessed by her sweet spirit and teachings. Grandma went with me when I received my Patriarchal Blessing ... I still remember the smile and tears pouring down her face as the blessing finished and she told me, "Grandpa is so proud of you! He was here too, you know?!" What a simple testimony of what the future brings for us all. What faith she always shows to us!To have her in the temple with me also, as I received my endowment. What a special moment to share with such a special person in my life.
She is also blessed with Grandpa's talent of honest friendship. "Never met anyone they didnt call friend - by the end of meeting them!" It doesnt come as easy to me as it seems to them - but I always knew I had BIG SHOES TO FILL if I were to try to be like them.
I could go on forever of the things I remember and love about Grandma Beach... but I should leave room for others too! So, I will close with this thought:
Grandma I love you, not only for who you are but for who I am when i am with you. Thank you for being such an exemplary example to follow in my life. You are amazing and I charish every minute we have ... and will share together. Grandpa would be proud of you too ...
"For Heaven's Sake, Billy Jean!", You are one heck of a gal!
I love you,
Jamie Girl
Comments