From Daughter to Mother from Mother to Daughter



I think of fresh baked bread, great pies, and Echels Cakes......Mom is a great baker I think of a pink dress with tiny black polka dots, black velvet ribbon around the color, cuffs and drop waist, Hanging on the back of the door, unfinished, outgrown.......So, I learned to sew......she tried, Mom always would do whatever she was asked, joyfully.

I remember Mom helping when I was a Cheerleader, in Gabbs, she made the skirt........then the Drill team, she made up the Dance Drill routines........fun, and talented......flashlight drill.... Pine Valley I went to the same school as MOM.....Mt. Empire.......crazy...............29 years prior.....I was a Cheerleader--so was Mom. Mom and Dad at every game. Softball games, track meets, Basketball games, no matter what I did they supported me, just the same as my brothers.

I remember going Visiting Teaching with Mom when she was Relief Society Pres. and I was in
high school..............she wanted to let every sister know they were important to her, so we would
pickup the slack others left behind..............she cared about each person. She taught me to love even handicapped people, even those who look funny or sound funny to others, she loved them so much when she would take over for the caretakers for 2 weeks as soon as they saw her come up to the gate they would all run over to her shouting Billie Jean, Billie Jean. They loved her and she loved them, they both knew it...........so did everyone else.

She never told me how to raise my kids, she never inter feared , just caution sometimes. Mom loved my kids at first sight...........and showed it easily...she was proud of them. Lately, I have come to know my Mother more. As she has lived with us I have been very careful not to do things for her......let her do for herself as long as she can........not always easy.

When we were on the cruise to Australia and New Zealand we were getting ready for dinner, she was dressed and as always me in a hurry, she looked up with those eyes that have seen all and learned all she knows, with wonder in her eyes she asked me, "Do I look as nice as the other ladies?" ---------- at that very moment she melted my heart and I realized that she needed to be told she was beautiful.................just like everyone of us.............she at that moment became just a Girl.........in my eyes.........she was just her, needing self assurance...........she became me and I became her.......Of course I told her she looked as good, but more beautiful and I mean it.

Then since she has started working at my office I have seen her come alive again. She is so good with people. They love her....not even knowing she is my Mother until introduced, they compliment me on her..She is a wonderful addition to my business.

I have learned this lesson from my Mother that I hope to pass on to my Kids, and all you Kids...no matter what your age, inside you are always you, be true to you. As the wrinkles cover your body and age shows more and more, your kids grow and leave, they don't need you as much, but you still need them...the hugs, the I love you Mom.

You are still the Mom, they are always your Child, but you were YOU first.....and you have YOU at the LAST....it's what's inside that matters, you are always the Girl or Guy you were... you will always be...yearnings the same, needs are the same....no matter what age.....no respecter of age................(old is 15 years older than your last birthday)...as the Child I am, I now see my Mother as the Girl she is.... I love that Girl...that Woman I call My Mother.

-Leslie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Twenty Six

15th Great-GrandChild ....