
When we all were helping Grandma move her things out of the house in Pine Valley she gave many of us things as memento's of her love. I appreciate the opportunity she gave me to have something in my house that helps me to remember my heritage as a member of the beach family. Every time I use the fan, TV or room heater she gave me I think of some of the good memories with my Grandma. For instance the time I helped her arrange the blue plate collection. I musn't forget the time I got to spend with her giving lessons about the computer Roger gave her. Every time I would visit her in Pine Valley, she made sure to ask me how I was doing, and took the time to let me know she was genuinely interested in my welfare. Even though she had some unfavorable experiences loaning money to relatives, she still helped me out. It reminds me of the things her husband (if I could only remember his name :) would say and do in regards to trusting people. I want to thank my Grandma for teaching me that people are more important than things, and that generousity is a virtue and not a by product of excess.
-Todd Hellyar
Comments