My mom was always there for me


My mom was always there for me; that in and of itself is a huge blessing! Because of that, I felt loved and valued and secure as a child. I probably took it for granted that my parents always were at our sporting events until I realized that lots of parents did not take the time for that. The everyday small things, in the world's eyes, that she did to keep our home running are really big things in my eyes and Heavenly Father's eyes too we are taught. I am grateful to you Mom for understanding the importance of motherhood!
I treasure a time during the first year after graduating from high school that Mom helped me study my institute classes. We would read together and discuss principles of the gospel. This is a time that we grew close together in very meaningful ways. She shared her deep testimony of the gospel with me and we learned new things together. I am grateful for her faith in Christ and how it lead her to join the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints so we could be raised with it's influence in our family. I have encouraged many young men preparing for missions to practice this 'companion study' with a parent and build on that relationship. Thanks Mom for your leadership.
Lynda and I felt very lucky that when Allen was born, Mom and Dad were passing through Provo, Ut going from Michigan to California. We attended the temple together on Saturday, and he was born the Monday after. We could not have planned it; to me it was a tender mercy of our loving Father in Heaven. This was a genealogy trip and turned out to be a blessing to generations before and after. We have been blessed by the efforts to complete the family history and temple work that Mom has been an example of.
We love you Mom. Rod, Lynda and family.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Twenty Six

15th Great-GrandChild ....