Wonderful Then, Wonderful Now; Some Things Just Don't Change


Dear Grandma Beach,
What a dear and wonderful Grandma I have. When I was a kid you loved to spoil us with goodies... usually homeade fudge, divinity and (my favorite) New York Special. Oh boy, do you know how to make sweets (and sneak them to your grandkids when the parents aren't looking)!
As I grew up a little I remember really enjoying hearing your stories about growing up and dancing and living on the dairy. I interviewed you for a family history project in high school and I remember loving that time. You have done so many things in your life and it was very amazing to hear your perspective on this world and to get to know you better. One of my favorite things to do with you, Grandma is to watch old movies. I remember Annie, Get Your Gun, and Clarence the Cross-eyed Lion, and others. The movies themselves aren't really what I enjoy. It's the enjoyment you get out of them that I love. You'll laugh so hard that tears start to pour down your face. It becomes contagious and pretty soon everyone is out of control with laughter. It's so much fun.
I enjoy your visits to Arizona, and watching you play with my kids the way you used to play with me. Braden still likes to watch the movie of you playing peek-a-boo with him when he was 19 months. I think I'm so lucky that I got to have you here when Jade was born so I could feel of your love and support.
The thing I love most about you, Grandma is your testimony of Jesus Christ, The Plan of Happiness, and the living prophet. Each time you express your love for our Savior, the Spirit enters my heart and I know that you have a deep and personal relationship with Him. I don't think I've ever seen you testify of the gospel without your eyes brimming and spilling over with tears. When you testify of these truths, I feel strengthened. I know that without you and Grandpa accepting the gospel and being baptized, my life would be missing something that is so important to me. Thank you for that very special gift and for all the many things you do.
Happy Birthday!
Love,
Crystal

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Twenty Six

15th Great-GrandChild ....