Growing Up Beach

Living in Crowley Lake California, 30 minutes outside of Mammoth
Lakes probably wasn't especially exciting or unusual. But what I
didn't know until later in life it was. My grandmother made it
special. She loved horses which is probably why I do. At that time
she had two, Cinnamon and Pepper (I think). Well when Pepper passed
away Grandma got a donkey named Jake. And we loved to get carrots
from Grandma Beach and walk down to "feed" the horses. Little did
Grandma know Jake was the perfect size for my brother Soren to hold
next to Cinnamon and I would climb onto Jake and then onto Cinnamon.
Oh I would ride around the enclosure having a bare back riding
experience. After several weeks finally it was my little brothers
turn. It takes some practice to duck when the branches come. We
didn't dare tell anyone Soren fell off and bumped his head on a
rock! I also didn't know how cool it was to have a horse riding
Grandma until later in my life. I just thought that was normal.
Well we all know growing up Beach doesn't have a lot of "normal"
involved! I am grateful to my Grandparents for keeping our family
close, now some of my best friends are my cousins.

-Corrie Huish

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Twenty Six

15th Great-GrandChild ....